From:
"David. E. Goble" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:48:32 -0500
>Hi all!
>I just had a strange experience.  The day before yesterday I captured a huge
>swarm from one of my own hives.  I checked afterwards and there were still a
>large number of bees left in the hive.  Today I took another look and the
>bees are removing bees from the hive.  I saw some flying out carrying others
>and I saw lots of dead bees on the front porch.  Does anyone have any idea
>what is going on?
>Mary

 Hi Mary,
        You have seen the orginal hive over taken by either a swarm or
robber bees, the stronger of these to swarms are removing the other bees
owing to the different smell of their queen to the other queen. This is not
to say their is two queen in this hive but could be a strong worker
female,only laying drones.
Thanks from :
                 http://www.eastend.com.au/~goble
            [log in to unmask] ( David Goble )
           American Beach Kangaroo Island South Australia