Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 10:19:22 -0400
Thanks to all of you who helped me with ideas on how to do a
"beekeeping" presentation.  It went over very well and I had a great
response.
The audience consisted of all the Children's librarians from various
town and branch libraries.  One librarian suggested I make sure I
mention that a child under 2 years old should not eat honey.   I just
read a response to a letter from someone with the same question in the
recent ABJ and it basically said it wasn't just honey.  I will soon be
doing these presentations for children and their parents at the various
libraries.  Now everyone is curious for more information on this subject
and I was wondering if there is an article on it.  I have read
(somewhere) that it is a fallacy that honey is harmful to infants and I
want to prove it (or clear up my thinking) with some documentation.  The
fact that I KNOW of beekeepers that give their infants honey wouldn't be
enough for this librarian.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks again!
Karen