From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:54:57 -0500
Jim Fischer is doing us all a favor by providing valuable perspectives and
means of contacting members of congress.

However, I am just a little troubled by a matter of principle.  That is, as
far as government is concerned "less is better".  And, we all presumably
agree that there is massive waste and inefficiency in government programs,
until it is "our" ox that is gored.  Is that right?

I am appalled that agricultural programs and subsidies are #2 in federal
spending, behind only defense spending.  (Or so I have recently heard.)  And
this is after the proposal to cut spending by closing the four labs, not
that they make much of a difference.

Personally, Jim's perspectives have led me to believe that the federal
government should significantly reduce spending on agricultural programs and
subsidies, but not reduce the amounts spent on honeybee research.

Do we know what position ABF is taking on this?

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.