From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:13:37 -0700
We dip everything as it comes in new on pallets. Been doing it for about 6 years now. Nice.

We built up a double walled jacketed tank and use two Kelly Co. Thermostatic controlled immersion
heaters. I had two large cradles built so we can load in a full pallet of wood knocked down and stacked

vertically.  We usually do 1500 to 2000 a year new.

It sits in overnight at about 190+ degrees F.  Maybe 12 or more hours to completely soak in. When we pull it our

(with a forklift of course) all most all the wax immediately soaks in from the surface. They almost seem dry.

We have been adding a bit of copper to the wax, especially with deeps that take more abuse.

The cradles are made of expanded metal mesh and I use some rebar to keep the top lid on over the wood
as it goes it.

We haven't yet used it for boxes that are already nailed up.
Btw, we soak the migratory lids too. They hold too much wax in the plywood. Last and last.

Maybe I could make up a youtube soon. We just got more wood in.

And...we wrap the whole tank with Reflectix aluminum bubble wrap for insulation and made up a top blanket of the

same material.

Kirk Jones
http://www.sleepingbearfarms.com