From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:19:38 -0500
>> The use of systemics may or may not be  coincidental
>> to the event.
>
> Very true but many cases exist like the Gene Brandi hive loss on
> neonicotinoid treated watermelons in California or the documented hive
> loss
> of the hives of David Hackenberg on neonicotinoid treated pumpkins which
> are
> hard to discount the neonicotinoids as the cause.
>
> . The hive troubles and loss in the systemic treated orange groves of
> Florida. All the large beekeepers doing orange have reported problems.

I run yards in areas of row crops and in range country. All hives are the
same when leave the holding yard after apples. This time of year I know what
to expect in the yards around corn. Worse this year as due to health issues
and running the orchard none in the row crop areas are moved yet into the
range country  holding yard.
Bell Hill Honey reports the same as I see.

My county is almost broke (but at least admits a problem) so weed control
(both roadside mowing and noxious weed spraying is down. Yes!) has not yet
happened. Done in daylight by hispanics while bees are working the blooms I
see serious losses.