From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 22:33:19 -0500
Greetings all,
     Summer is definitely here in the St. Louis area!  So are the ticks and
chiggers.  We had a very mild winter, so there are lots of ticks around.
Two of my outyards have a terrible tick infestation.  I didn't used to worry
much about ticks, but now that Lyme disease is rather prevalent around here,
I am concerned.  I do follow all the suggestions for ticks.  Light clothes,
head to toe inspection afterwards, etc.  Question is, would it be safe to
use some type of repellent on my clothes?  Any suggestions for a good one to
use?  Would it be a problem for the bees?  My bees are important, but from
what I hear, Lyme disease is not one of the more fun diseases to get!  Any
suggestions out there.  Are there any products that could be used in the
yards to keep the tick numbers down.  I do frequently use the weed eater to
keep vegetation down, but this doesn't help a whole lot.  Thanks for the
help folks!
Scott Moser

" I believe that beekeeping mirrors life.  One must endure a few stings to
reach the final sweet reward."  S. Moser