Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 2010 19:36:59 GMT
We introduced some virgins into queenless nucs at the 2010 Northeast Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference...mostly into nucs for overwintering (made up by Kirk Webster and Mike Palmer with some of our bees...it was like a Smothers Brothers routine with the added excitement of foundationless comb).

The circumstances were less than ideal, but 5 of 7 seemed to still be present one and two days later.

I asked Sam Comfort to introduce the last 2 virgins into any nucs that did not have one, and this particular one (now 5 days emerged) was greeted by the nuc as if they were all puppies :)

http://vimeo.com/13861928 (video with a fairly detailed description of the circumstances)

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dean.Ramona/VirginAcceptance#  are some stills

deknow