From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2017 16:43:14 +0000
Somehow this thread got off the topic of the neonicotinoid studies that are looking at "field realistic" doses in multiple locations and multiple ecosystems, and instead started investigating a Slate contributor.  I really don't care what anyone thinks of any particular popular journalist.  What matters to me and ought to matter to Bee-L is the SCIENCE.  Since the original research is behind a paywall and many if not most Bee-L readers can't access it, I just pulled a popular journal review and unfortunately I chose Slate.

I should have picked a different review.  Reviews can be opinionated and that will deter many readers because readers want "just the facts".  To form your own opinion, you'll have to access the paywall and read the original science for yourselves.  See Juanse for ideas, or email me privately and I'll send you copies.  Otherwise, there are many popular reviews and you can look for one you like, but let's try this one:

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/controversial-pesticides-can-decimate-honey-bees-large-study-finds

Christina