From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:44:58 +0200
Dear beekeeper friends!

While sitting here working on the newest Bidata with manipulation of supers
:
http://apimo.dk/supers_page.htm I have been thinking about this theft
problem that some of the beekeepers have and if it is possible to prevent it
or possible to recover by using some of the present technical possibilities.

Jerry's project with mu tags is a solution but limited to recover items that
is within reach of a reader, means that you have to suspect that the item
you see could be yours and then if the tag is read you could claim that it
belongs to you.

James have a tracing system and this I find interesting, because if things
are moved and no more in place where you think they should be, then the
satellite system could track it and give a close picture of where they were
moved to.

so maybe a combination could be possible. The satellite system to track the
hives and the items tag to claim the right. I think a Service agreement
could be the solution to limit the loose of property.

I imagine this: I place hives on a spot and ask for a satellite track print
out. Then when I recon that my hives are gone I ask for a new Satellite
track printout and can then go to the spot where my hives was moved to. I
now can claim my rights  by scanning the build in items tag, and take
action.

Just a thought.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Only Multilingual software for beekeeping on the net. With integrated update
facility

hive note- queen breeding and handheld computer beekeeping software since
1997

home page = HTTP://apimo.dk
e-mail [log in to unmask]