From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2015 05:55:06 -0400
What method of sampling did you use? Did you only sample once before and once after treatment? I don't believe, underline the word believe, the results of my samples. They are an indicator of what is present. So I like to sample twice, if I get a relatively low number of varroa in the sample. I never trust a Zero or a 1.

So I am not surprised you got the numbers you did. Checking more often, aka monthly or every three weeks, is an indicator of the trend. Sampling once only tells you that you have mites. It doesn't really tell you how many you have in your colony.