From:
Steve Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 18:27:10 -0400
I have a few hives that I started with swarms.  Right now, the queens are
very productive.  However, I'd like to mark them, if and when I see them,
so that I can easily find them this fall when I plan to requeen.

My question is: Can I remove the queen, cage and mark her, then reintroduce
her to the same colony in a cage with a candy plug?  What time of day
should I introduce her?  How long should I leave her out before I
reintroduce her?  The hives are in my backyard, so travel time is not a
consideration.

Thank you
Steve Newcomb