From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:26:30 -0400
> Pure speculation question: could early and constant
> feeding on HFCS be a contributor to CCD...

Zero speculation answer:  No.

There's no need for speculation, as we have hard
data on this specific issue.

The reason that this can be answered definitively
is that CCD has affected operations that never
feed any HFCS, such as "self-described 'organic'
operations".

Despite the fact of CCD's complete indifference to
"management practices", and despite the clear
consensus on this point for over a year now, there
are those with a personal agenda who can't stop
asking questions like the one above.  They just
can't help but think that practices with which
they do not agree are behind CCD.

Let me say, once again, for the record, that there
is no credible evidence at all that CCD is anything
more than the net impact of multiple exotic invasive
pathogens that got to the North American continent
due to lax biosecurity and the same exact "world trade"
that has turned this country from the world's biggest
creditor nation to the world's biggest debtor nation.

CCD is clearly nothing more than the result of
a specific set of pathogens.
A disease.
A disease that no amount of righteousness will cure.
A disease that we don't yet know how to avoid.

Yet misinformation continues to be circulated
by those who have an agenda, each one claiming
that their pet peeve is a likely cause of CCD.

Such speculation is no longer part of "informed
discussion".  It is merely attempted slander
against perfectly acceptable management practices
that are described by many as "Best Practices".