Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:44:09 -0400

> The point that I continually try to make is to keep the pesticide issue and
> CCD issue separate.  Pesticides, as well as miticides, are clearly harmful
> to colony health.  But they are not the "cause" of CCD.
>
> Pesticides will continue to be a problem even should CCD drop off the radar
> in a few years.  I feel that it is in the best interests of the bee
> industry
> to not link the two together.

Absolutely right, but there are beekeepers, see the subject of this thread,
who are saying the opposite and are accepted as being right. And it is
effective propaganda.

I know many of us try to educate those who ask about CCD and disappearing
bees with Randy's response, but we really need a louder voice.

What is the National Honey Board's position on all this, or the ABF or any
national bee/honey organization?

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine (where we heard the first crickets of the season.)