From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2015 09:24:10 -0500
This was a large-scale beekeeper, who actually admitted that he was skirting
the existing regulations by extracting the bulk of his honey in Illinois.

Interesting topic.  Here is my question on the subject,  when do the regs
actually kick in??  Bottling?  Extraction?  I have been in many extracting
rooms  and can tell you, when running they would not pass inspection by any
reasonable inspector.  And what about state lines?  I extracted in OK this
year, and some of it will get bottled in IL,  most will be sold
commercially,  so just when and where does the "regulations" start,  and
where should they start?

Many hobbyist might be surprised,  but in commercial extracting,  there are
a lot of bees that run thru the system..... as well as other dirt and
pest......

For us we have an approved botteling room,  even though we try to stay under
the 10 barrels bottled guidline.....

Charles