From:
Ernest Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 20:45:13 PDT
Hello Gang,

I am combining hives this weekend.
I plan to leave the stronger hive on it's own stand,
and place a newspaper between it and a weaker hive's
brood chamber.

Both hives are single brood chambered now.

The queen in the weaker hive will be dispatched
as it's BC is placed on the newspaper. I plan to use
a double screen board for ventilation on the upper
until the bees finish reading the newspaper.

I will give them a couple of weeks to rearrange the
furniture,( brood and honey ), and then requeen with
Carniolans.

My question is this: Which brood chamber should the
queen be in at the time of combination? Upper or
lower? Why?

de AA1IK,              Time the accursed enemy of man,
                       cursed by youth for going to slow
Ernie Gregoire         and by the old for going to fast.

R.R. 1, Box 221,
South Rd.              Beekeeper
Canaan, NH. 03741      Fly fisher & tier,
                       Promise Keeper.

E-mail address: [log in to unmask]

packet address: [log in to unmask]

07/18/98 20:45:13