From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:50:35 +1100
> However, not every introduced species has
> adverse effects on the environment. A nonadverse example is the common
> goldfish (Carassius auratus), which is found throughout the United States,
> but rarely achieves high densities.

Unfortunately in Australia, especially the inland waterways it is a major
problem.

There has been some credible evidence that european bees can be both good
and bad for the native fauna.  Swarms competing for nest hollows, in
particular the large cockatoos.  But one study by I think he was a Yank
found that they could help native bees (one species looked at) probably by
providing more food for insectivorous birds, thus reducing the pressure on
this native.

Geoff Manning