From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 12:32:50 -0400
Randy and All,
 Now we are getting close to the truth again.
One fact of resistance is that it will HAPPEN
 I made a post on here in 1990 about using chemicals to stop varroa. I said it would not work over time. It took 9 years and three chemicals to hit the brick wall I talked about.
We have a wealth of knowledge about resistance in nature. It is taught in schools at a low grade. No need for a PhD.
IPM with natural sources and mechanical will solve the problem. Like screen boards will reduce the mite load by 30%
I have been using the method since it came out many years ago. It is only one step but in the right direction. I did see a decrease in mite load after I started with the screens.
 We should not point to neonicotinoids  as our big problem. We do not have quality science to back it up at this time. We have many other problems going on at once. Each one has to be addressed with IPM. Beekeeping will change in the process and that's a fact.
Best regards
Roy Nettlebeck