From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:17:00 +0000
> A 40 oz can (usually yams are packed in it) fits nicely into my
> smoker giving it a double wall where all the heat is. I find the
> outside of the smoker does not get as hot & hopefully the metal will
> last longer.

Stainless steel smokers usually last to the point where they wear out
two sets of bellows and are so full of dents that I'm sick of the
sight of them - all without any reinforcements.

The old steel ones did burn up badly though.
Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                    VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada  T0M 1Y0
Honey. Bees, Art, & Futures <http://www.cuug.ab.ca:8001/~dicka>