Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 11:59:14 -0400
I may be the only one getting these, but I suspect someone got the Bee-L
directory and is using it to send out their spam.

Starting last fall, every so often, I get an e-mail, often listing the name
 of someone on Bee-L, saying they are stranded in an airport, at a BEE
meeting,  etc. - someone stole, they lost, etc. their wallet and ID, need help.

Here's the one from a couple of days ago.

"How are you doing? Sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to Spain
for a conference, I'm presently in Madrid and I'm having some difficulties
here  because I misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where I'm putting
up. My  money, and other valuable things were kept in it. I need you to do
me a favor,  please assist me with a loan of $2000 Dollars, to sort out my
hotel bills and to  get myself back home. I will appreciate whatever you can
afford to assist me  with. I will Pay the money back to you on my return. let
me know if you can be  of any help as soon as possible."

The unique thing about this latest scam was the specific  dollar amount.
Also its not as sophisticated as some.  The  best of these sound like your
best friend, stuck in a foreign country, with no  ID and no money.  And, they
talk about or even name the bee  meeting.

Jerry