From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:12:26 +0000
CL:  I don't think there is any luck at all involved in beekeeping.

Really, Charles? Bad weather....bum queens....bears...low nectar yields...unexpected ag sprays....too many other beekeepers suddenly showing up in your area....swarm cycle out of sync with your best-laid plans...etc....not luck?

I think luck has a LOT to do with beekeeping success. But I'm just a 4th generation beekeeper probably putting too much stock on family lore, especially as the 3 generations of commercials before me were probably all bad beekeepers.

We're all hobbyists now, luck is easier to deal with that way. I'd love to learn from those masters who can keep bees without worrying about luck.

Christina