From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2017 20:36:17 -0400
> Queens used to be sold as "tested," meaning that the producer
> saw a solid sealed brood pattern.

When was that?
Who did that?
Is anyone doing that now?

> We don't normally see that until about three weeks after putting in the
cell.

I must buy 10% more Queens than I need simply to cover the BEST-CASE
short-term defect rate.
And this is when buying fall queens - spring queens are even more of a crap
shoot, as conditions are far less optimal in every way in spring.
This is not disparagement of any producer, it is the simple realities of
expecting living creatures to "perform" to a minimum standard.
Your mileage may vary.

(And if you drive a hybrid, your city mileage is certain to be BETTER than
your highway mileage, wrap your head around that one...)