Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 00:07:18 -0400
>?A post from the entomology list on the subject:
>Subject: Re: Honeybees / cell phones
>> Favre's work is about the worst I've ever seen published in
>> Apidologie,...

>> For those of you who have not read the original paper, I can sum it
>> up very easily... Favre stuck an active cell phone inside some beehives
>>...the bees made noises that suggested that an active cell phone
>> inside the hive disturbed them, but an inactive phone did not.
>>...Therefore, cell phones cause colony collapse disorder.

Having read the paper, and although I think that the connection with bee
disappearances is a stretch, I think the quoted writer could have read it
more carefullyand been more charitable.

If the observations were accurate and the experiment performed as
reported, the results are interesting in their own right, especially if
the mention of widespreead bee deaths and weak specfulation is ignored.

As a longtime radio operator, I am aware that electromagnertic radiation
can be disruptive and any examination of the effects is, to me, interesting.