From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 03:42:07 -0400
At our shows and in our publicity, I quote 6 kilos of honey to make one kilo
of beeswax.  I remember reading, a log time ago, the figure some where of 6 to
1 ratio of honey to beeswx.

With sugar syrup, I would imagine it would depend on the strength
of the sugar syrup.  As sugar syrup does not have as higher a concentration of
"sugars" as sugar syrup, I would have thought the ratio would be higher.

Beeswax is certainly not 6 times the price of honey so I tell the public that
is why we put drawn combs back in our hives and don't just cut up the comb and
strain the honey out.  It is not profitable to have bees drawing beeswax.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA