From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2014 13:17:36 -0500
<3. no corn subsides are paid out when corn is a fair price>
Really just a question here because I can't afford to plant it myself, but
rent the land.  The guy that rents from me has me fill out paperwork so he
can collect money for the acreage he plants, I know there some screwy
formulas for some of that stuff based on what was planted there in the
past, but aren't there payments made based on acreage planted?  Are these
not subsidies?  As a hobby farmer I'm out of the loop here, but my renter
is always complaining about the massive amounts of gov subsidies that some
of the bigger farmers get in our area (and they plant a ton of corn) which
apparently are in the 7figures.

Jeremy
West Michigan