From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:35:43 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter L Borst"

> In addition to Europe and America, the disorder has spread to other
> parts of the world and Nosema ceranae cases have already appeared in
> countries such as Australia and Tasmania.

Congratulations, you have just managed to offend every living, dead and
those in between,
Tasmanian Australians.  Only mainland Australians can make comments like
that, and then only if they have on their running shoes, and have a
considerable head start.  So be warned.  Or will you blame the Spaniards?

Although N ceranae has been found there is no evidence as far as I know of
any particular problems ensuing.  Maybe it is in the future.  Nosema has
pretty well always been regarded as a stress induced problem.  Great care
being needed when we work winter flows.  I feel that we have benefited by
the banning of repellents when removing honey.

Geoff Manning