From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 07:13:56 -0600
> I just got a good deal on some OSB (oriented strand board) and was
> wondering if anyone has any experience in using it for hive
> applications.

Well, it comes in thicknesses up to an inch and you don't say which
you have.

I have seen 3/8 inch used successfully under tin for lids, and have tried
it myself, however I don't care for it and it will not stand up if it
has water set on it - say when lids blow off or are left out.  It flakes off over time and is not too good if
you will have to scrape it.

My recommendation:  sell it or trade it for proven materials, or
build a shed with it.  In vertical sides, well painted, or for roof
under shingles, it is in its intended application and will last well.