Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:57:25 GMT
>>"I am wondering if the package industry is spreading something out
there".
>Personally, I deplore any sort of scapegoating. First, it appears that whatever it is, it's already everywhere (meaning most states).

Well, I was merely wondering not scapegoating. :)  Because of its extensive reach, the package industry, by its nature, is clearly a very efficient mechanism for disseminating anything that's be good or bad.  [There are many examples.]  And if it's bad, I assume no intentional harm was intended by the package producers.

If the primary contributor to CCD turns out to be virus or other pathogen, the effort will be, at a minimum, to limit its spread.  I have not ordered packages in years but if I were I would want to know about any potential risks.

I am all for making packages as problem free as possible since a lot of beekeepers depend on them.

>>So, therefore, you need to know what is causing this problem
and see that you don't have it.

I think everyone is chomping at the bit to find out the causes of CCD.  We all need some facts.  The best assessments at the moment say that CCD is multi-factorial and that there may be many scenarios.

Waldemar