From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:50:02 -0700
> >Also please explain why beekeepers which have NEVER used fluvalinate or
>> coumaphos report CCD?

I have recently done so, Bob, in my last article in ABJ, which explains a
proposed model for the mechanics that create CCD in a hive, based upon my
field observations of collapsing colonies.  The model includes avenues for
contributions by pesticides.  I will be posting it to my website soon.

>CCD is still being seen in hives which have never had those legal chemicals
used.

CCD is also being seen in hives which have never been exposed to
neonicotinoids, so where does that take your argument?

The point that I continually try to make is to keep the pesticide issue and
CCD issue separate.  Pesticides, as well as miticides, are clearly harmful
to colony health.  But they are not the "cause" of CCD.

Pesticides will continue to be a problem even should CCD drop off the radar
in a few years.  I feel that it is in the best interests of the bee industry
to not link the two together.

Randy Oliver