From:
"K. Bokhorst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:54:13 +0200
Re FGMO

Last week I reported that Food Grade Mineral Oli is no longer at the FDA
list.
That is 100% true
BUT ,I contacted ESSO ,SHELL and WITCO, three well-known Oil suppliers and
it turned out that the story is as follows.
What last year was called Food Grade Mineral OIL is now called:
White Mineral OIL or PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM.
In the chemical industry every chemical must be classified and it has a
so-called
CAS number (Chemical Abstract Service number)
For FGMO it was 8042-47-5 If one now goes to this list you see the name
White Mineral Oil. (I am certain that you Americans will soon abriviate
that to WMO)
They just abandoned the name food grade.
I have got that from Witco in writing so our problem is over
Dr Rodriguez, I do hope that I did not upset you to much, at any rate I
apoligize
for the misinterpretation I got from the first dealer I contacted ,and
nearly threw your eleven years work into the wastebasket.I'll give it a try
and forget about the MCT's
greetings from Holland,
Karel Bikhorst