From:
Don Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 19:09:10 -0700
>Hello,
>
>Is it correct and safe to overwinter colonies with the same apistan strips
>that I pulled before the honey flow?  I am now installing them in colonies
>after I pull the honey.  We have about 500 hives so I am concerned.  I am
>concerned about mite resistance to the strips, thus cutting my own throat.
> Also, is there any interaction with the powdered sugar terramyacin mix and
>the apistan.  We treat with terra mix outside of the honey production season
>also.

        How long can the strips be expected to have reasonable potency?  I
picked up a couple of nucs this last spring with strips in place.  The could
be a year or more old.  I put in new strips this last weekend

    Don Bowen                          [log in to unmask]
    Valley Center, CA                 [log in to unmask]
    Bee Point acres

    Software engineer, woodworker, beekeeper
    1936 Farmall 12       1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 acres, no TV