From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 23:11:59 -0500
Hi All,
I'm experimenting with powdered sugar.  I've read Fakhimzadeh's 2000 paper,
Aliano and Ellis's 2005 papers, and searched the archives.  But I'm not
finding a paper that details the efficacy (in percent) of mite removal by
brushing a cup (more than Fakhimzadeh used) of sugar over the top bars
(Aliano put bees in a cage).  A simple test--does anyone know of someone
who's done it? If I had a few collapsing colonies to sacrifice, I'd do the
counts myself, but (knock on wood) my bees are finally looking pretty good!
 Any references out there?
Randy Oliver