From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:14:05 -0400
Greg Holley wrote:

> I am using bee-go for honey removal. I leave the bee-go felt board on top of
> the super for about 10 minutes.  However, when I remove the super and take
> it into my honey house, I still have lots of bees in the super.  Any
> suggestions or am I doing something wrong?

I would say 10 minutes is far too long.  Three or four minutes should be long
enough, in warm weather.  Air temperature is definitely a factor - bee-go will
not work well at all in cold weather.  Also, burr and brace comb may impede
free movement of bees to a lower super.  They get jammed up and can't move
down.  I always use a bee blower with bee-go.  I never depend upon it alone.
(The blower then also removes some of the objectionable fumes as well.)

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA