From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 05:27:00 -0700
A lot has been said about marking queens.  What has been the experience with clipping the wings of queens.  Last year, was just learning, clipped the wings of two queens, then promptly lost them in the grass at my feet.  I had just mowed the grass, open field situation, and went over the entire area three times.  I never found either queen.  Took a lot of ribbing about that from some of my bee buddies.  Anyway, have come to the conclusion that I need to use a muff made of netting to go over my hands (and queen) until I really get the hang of hanging onto the queens until I'm ready to replace them back into the hive.

What are your thoughts, and experiences?

Mike in LA

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.