From:
Herve Abeille <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:08:18 -0500
Dee Lusby
>You know reading this Herve, and thinking deeply now for
>several hours, why would it be organic to clip wings and
>lose natural supercedure that would go hand in hand with
>organic?

I do not follow you at all. What does it even have to do with supersedure?
There is nothing to be lost by clipping wings. This technique has been used
for well over 100 years to mark the queen and prevent her from flying off
with a swarm. I honestly have NO IDEA why anyone would object to it.
Although I have heard that some vegans oppose cutting queen cells. These
people prove the old saying that a little knowledge can be a dangerous
thing. Never thought I'd see the day when non-beekeepers would start telling
me how to do my job.

Herve