From:
Don Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 07:41:18 -0700
At 09:54 AM 4/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Every spring I get ants inside the house running around my kitchen. This year
>a veritable army of the buggers were threatening to carry away the table and
>chairs. I don't mind a few running about. Anyway, for the first time I used
>some liquid stuff called "Terro" Ant Killer II which I bought at a local True
>Value Store. It's a liquid and you pour a small amount on a piece of
>cardboard-I never saw anything work so fast. I put it in an obscure little
>corner on their pathway. They were all gone in 24 hours. I never saw anything
>work that fast. I don't like using poisons in general but I had to do
>something.

THe blue stuff is mostly sugar, water, and borax.  It is easy to mix at home
using borax soap, honey, and water.  The home made stuff is just as
effective as the bought stuff and a lot less expensive.

    Don Bowen                      [log in to unmask]
    Valley Center, CA              Senior Software Engineer
    Bee Point acres                Smith Automation Systems, inc
    USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 21

    organic gardener, woodworker, beekeeper, reader
    1936 Farmall 12         1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 acres, no TV