From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:17:49 -0400
<The spreadsheets treated the neonics
as uniformly distributed at the concentration of the seed, which would have
meant literally hundreds of seeds per square foot or hundreds of times the
concentration.>

That would be why I used an arbitrary number (1) for the amount of neonic
applied each year.  Depending on your take you could adjust that to a field
relevant number.  I assumed perhaps erroneously that if you planted the
same crop each year that you would create the same amount of residue each
time you planted it, so one was simply 100% of the residue left in the soil
after a typical planting.  All the spreadsheet meant then is that if there
was a half life of 1year that after 5 or 6 years the amount of residue
would plateau at about twice the residue left after just one year of
planting.  If the halflife was shorter it would plateau sooner and lower,
longer halflife longer time to plateau and higher level.  I was confused
why it would matter how the type of application mattered, but I see you are
referring to how much actual accumulates each year (I think?)

Maybe we aren't talking about the same spreadsheet, I think there were a
couple posted.

Jeremy
West Michigan