Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2018 20:10:10 +0000

> Sequencing of the COI-COII intergenic re- gion revealed just two haplotypes in the three groups of colonies: C1 and C2, which are common in two subspecies of the honeybee native to Europe, Apis mellifera ligustica and Apis mellifera carnica , respectively. The 8 colonies in the Arnot Forest that yielded a clear result exhibited an even distribution of the C1 (ligustica ) and C2 (carnica ) haplotypes (50 % C1 and 50 % C2); however, the 10 colonies in both apiary 1 and apiary 2 exhibited mainly the C2 (carnica ) haplotype (90 and 80 % C2, respectively).

The feral bees were a mixture of italian and carniolan at about 50/50 and the apiary bees were mostly carniolan, despite being purchased from a vendor of "Golden Italians." The only logical explanation is that the two lines have been blended over the century or more that they have been bred in this country, and separated out by color.

You miss my point Pete,  So what?   your lab rats show the hapltypes,  but thats means nothing IMO.  First of the breeder would matter,  secondly I would expect NY wild bees to be heavy carnis if they are survivor stock.....
but most importantly  how do they act?  IE  did the clearly show Carni traits or IT traits,  or a hybrid mix?   If I get sold a chevy  and the parts guy says it takes ford parts,  I could care less as long as I get it running and it does what I wanted.

You can call the queens I buy anything you like,  and frankly I dont care what genetic trail they have  just how they behave.   In short,  I dont care my hound dog is related to a wolf,  as long as it trees a coon.
Charles