From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 07:54:38 -0500
Lauri wrote:
<I open a case of rite cell and cut out the  bottom corners on my miter saw. I can cut about 10 at a time, takes me about 5 minutes to an entire case. <Stack them up, ready for assembly. It's pretty quick.....

Thanks for the link.  Great post on BS with details on your cut foundation.  Since all of my plastic foundation frames are already fully drawn, it would be a huge PITB to pull, scrape, tear apart, cut, reassemble and reuse.  Especially given my travel schedule.  But, I like the idea.  I might try getting some foundation and unassembled frames, build a few with half foundation (as opposed to one third, since I don't need it for mini-nucs) and then intersperse them between the drawn frames.  I have all the woodworking equipment (which I hardly ever use).  Since I am aging rapidly, I'm also considering moving to all mediums to help save my back.  In that case I would be using a lot of new frames and/or cutting down ones that I have now in the deeps), which would be an optimal time to try this approach.  Food for thought, thanks.

Bill
Claremont, NH - where it has warmed up to a balmy 37F/3C