From:
Keith Hooker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 08:15:41 +0000
>What I know is that it is not as lethal as the other formulations of Sevin.

After many years in fruit growing and beekeeping my observations are
that with Sevin, all formulations are dangerous.  While there may be
LD figures quoted what is seldom if ever disclosed is the effect on
the brood.  All colonies I have come in contact with that have been
killed or severly damaged by Sevin have had problems with the brood
and I put this down to the flying bees contacting a sub lethal dose
and carrying the chemical back to the hive  on pollen then feeding it
to the larva which subsequently die.   The effect can last for a
season or more ie as long as the contaminated pollen is stored in the
hive.

Ban it..

Keith