From:
Bob W Maccione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 09:19:46 -0400
Hi all,

  Please bear with me on this one...

  This is my first year in beekeeping and I have the following two
questions.  (for the record I am taking a local Ag Bee Keeping course
before the bees get here but would like to get the hive ready ahead
of time).

  1:  I would like to put the hive in an area with some pine trees.
This area doesn't get a whole lot of sun and I'm planning on putting a wind
break on the north side.  Is it a better idea to put the hive in a sunnier
area?

  2: Color:  I'm leaning on a light shade of green to make the hive less
obvious.  My SO wants to paint the hive light yellow but if we go with
white or light green she then wants to paint something on the side (what
I have _no_ idea).   Does anyone see problems in this area?

thanks much for any answers,
bob maccione
Green Acres Orchards  (someday)
Eads, TN