Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 22:22:16 PST
---------------Original Message---------------
Here in the South we usually use only one brood chamber.  In this case we
have to use a queen excluder.  However a few beekeepers use two brood
chambers and don't use an excluder.

Frank Humphrey

I have been watching this discussion on queen excluders, since it
started and I thought I might add my two-bits to it, it may make some
southern beekeepers shake there heads :).We use a three brood nest
system, year round, and of cource queen excluders are not a required
piece of equipment. Now this is northern beekeeping, with little
movement, and with three broods, no feeding ( of course with honey
prices as they are, we will probably change that), not complaining, just
means another change in management, but isn't that part of this job?
Just another view on an old problem, (to use or not to use queen
excluders).

TPLR HONEY FARMS
Tim Townsend
RR 1 Stony Plain Alberta