From:
Jonathan Getty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2014 05:06:01 -0400
It is surprising those colonies lasted so long given the stratospheric quantities of insecticide he pumped into them for 13 weeks.
I presume that when the toxic syrup cocktail was stored, concentrated, and sealed this delivered the coup de grace over winter as they ate through it.

Lu has convincingly demonstrated, again, as in his previous study which used up to 400ppb Imidacloprid, that a high dose of insecticide will kill an insect.
Has anyone learned anything at all from this?
Looks like junk science at its worst.
Typical real world exposure is usually 1-2 ppb for nectar and maybe 1-5 for pollen.
If an effect can be demonstrated at that level of exposure it would be interesting.

I note as well that his tests on the HFCS he purchased showed no trace of neonicotinoids yet he previously claimed that Imidacloprid laced HFCS is the cause of CCD.