From:
Thom Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:21:58 -0400
        I live in southeastern Virginia, USA. Our usual main crop is from the
Tulip Poplar tree. Tulip Poplar honey in this area is distinctive in
it's color. It is about the color of dark brown tanned used leather with
a little tinge of red to it.
        This year, for me, the Tulip Poplar did not produce. Among others, I
have 8 double colonies plus supers on several acres of blueberries and
blackberries. The honey produced from these plants in combination looks
orange in the comb and in the opaque bucket, appears as dark as the
Tulip Poplar but with a very definite orange tinge to it. The flavor is
very smooth and complex, less sweet than most but lingers well. Very
tasty.
        Does anyone have any experience with the honey from these 2 crops. I am
wondering if this coincides with others experience with these crops. I
believe the blueberry variety is Southern Highbush (definitely not a
lowbush), but I am not sure.

Thom Bradley
Chesapeake, VA
You can find me on the map by finding the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. I
am right off the southern bank a few  miles toward the southeast.