From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 2015 07:23:44 -0500
a Mr Charlie snip..
Unfounded??     quite the claim.  I laid out thoughts,  and some data.  feel free to debate them,  but I would love to stick to the reality,  please provide information that shows how GMO is not intended to increase yields,    Or maybe a method to reduce this 30% waste we have??  Please  outline an example of huge waste and maybe propose a solution?  Show us a place that has 10% real waste,  and I would bet if you can find a solution you would be rich.   Corn alone is a 59 billion dollar crop.   10% of that will set us for life!
World of Corn 2015

my reply...
first off your are making an estimate which seem to largely manufactured from air.  this is not data and if you have no expertise on the issue such 'horse back estimates' have the same value as any other unfounded OPINION.

you also seem to be unclear about the STATED SUBJECT of this thread.  at least when the topic first showed up it was 'why should we care about preserving species'... or as in the case of this particular board honeybees.

also it is imho a flawed world view that every problem created by man can be correct by another technical fix.  we have a long list of problems (past and current) which may be fixable but no one can afford to implement the fix.

finally and to the larger audience...
their are three classical rhetorical appeal for persuasion... rational, moral and spiritual.  many academic types seem to lean heavily on the rational appeal even though experience should suggest that this is the least effective of the three.