From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 06:48:18 -0400
 Hey Bob

Yeah, I 've been consumed with the season, just had time to bee a lurker.  I 've seen some aggressive hives but we've been splitting so hard to try and overcome this past winters CCD loss that everything has been split and requeened several times by now.

A couple years ago I signed up with the state and had samples taken with the compliance agreement and all came back negative for tex-mex genes.
Due to piss poor wording of the agreement I will not sign up for it anymore. It states you have to clip and mark your queens,which in my world is not going to happen, therefore, I feel if I have a stinging incident, am found not to have queens marked, this would make in a money hungry lawyers eyes and in real fact not following the compliance agreement and weigh in as something that could be used to show liability.
Our state apiary section ,in my opinion is not very commercial beekeeper friendly,but that's another story, I'm told the inspectors are being asked to GPS locations, which I know that's heading toward a forced location registration and a NEW revenue stream. To  much of Big brother is not a good thing.

Off my soap box,  in years past I'm sure temik was used more loosely and I know it was used a lot heavier per acre.

One footnote on your flashback and worrying about American Foul Brood, since the onset in 06-07 or CCD, I have not treated near like I did for AFB , have noticed it has become almost non existent and am not seeing it at all this spring. I have not replaced  wholesale lots of frames ,so it's kind of odd , except we've been requeening so heavy