From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:01:39 -0500
What Breeds Make Up This Mutt?
Experts did little better than dog lovers — and nobody did very well — when asked to describe the heritage of various mutts.

The MuttMix Project Survey, is a scientific quiz conducted by Darwin’s Dogs, a program run out of the Broad Institute in Cambridge, Mass., and the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants.

I don’t see how this is even closely related.  If used as an analogy that we cant ID our bees,  it’s a completely false comparison.   A lot more variables, More breeds of dogs,  and based solely on images.  No chance to see the animals move or interact,  not to mention its participants is a pool of online people.

In bees we are talking 2-3 types,  many serious professionals basing the work on traits that should be tested over a season,   not just a picture.  I could go on but no point.

I have been puzzled by the whole goal of this thread?  It seem to me the only point is to run down commercial breeders,  and to assert the claim that beekeepers and breeders are to ignorant to see a difference.  Somehow we have come to the point in the US that all the bees are the same?

This is based on wild speculation,  and in contrast to the links provided that show  over a time period we still have distinct lines,  and plenty of genetic diversity.

Color me baffled by the points made.

Charles