From:
Ghislain De Roeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 09:02:38 +0200
Peter Edwards:

>I would agree that placing mobile phones in hives appears to be OTT, but if

>it shows that bees are affected by the very high signal levels, then we
>might wish to consider what effects the general background - and ever
>increasing, mobile phone signals - might have at what might be described as

>a subliminal level.

Here another European sound:

Council of Europe-Doc. 12608   6 May 2011
The potential dangers of electromagnetic fields and their effect on the
environment
Report1
Committee on the Environment, Agriculture and Local and Regional Affairs
      [...]

16. Dr Warnke  (Institute of Technical Biology and Bionics in Saarbrücken)
the innate magnetic compass used by certain animals or insects to
orient themselves in time and space and which dictates the internal
functioning of their organism,
before going on to demonstrate how extremely weak artificial fields or waves
could adversely
affect the sense of direction, navigation and communication of certain
animals or insects:
migratory birds, pigeons, certain kinds of fish (sharks, whales, rays) or
certain insects (ants,
butterflies and especially bees). He suggested that malfunctions induced by
artificial
electromagnetic waves might be one of the major causes – besides problems of
exposure to
chemicals – of repeated incidents of whales being washed up on beaches or
the death or
disappearance of bee colonies (colony collapse disorder) observed in past
years.

http://assembly.coe.int/main.asp?Link=/documents/workingdocs/doc11/edoc12608
.htm

Kind regards,