From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2015 10:35:23 -0300
> But there is no big ag in my vicinity, so I have to look elsewhere for the source of the problem.

Where are your hives located Peter?  I am not sure what you mean by
"big ag".  Even small farmers today may be using neonic treated seeds.
A small farmer wanting some corn to add to his feed would have a hard
time finding untreated seed.  It is almost all treated and any seed
supplier would have to special order untreated (and perversely it
might be more expensive, certainly I have been told there would be no
discount).  The benefit would be that a small farmer might be using a
conventional drill seeder and not an air seeder.  But in this day with
treatment of many vegetables, corn, soybeans and some grains it is
hard to find an area with any agriculture that does not have neonics
in the environment.

Also, you posted about ash pollen.  What about forestry uses of
neonics against ash borer and other pests?

This is NOT to say that this is the source of any problems.  I am just
making the point that it is difficult to find neonic free
environments.