From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2016 09:45:53 -0500
See:

 http://www.nationalbeeunit.com/downloadNews.cfm?id=94

Thanks Professor,  excellent read.  They didn't mention confirming they bred in fruits.  I know adults will feed on melons and such,  but not sure how many females will lay eggs?  In my part of the country we have a lot of melon patches but it doesn't seem to be a factor. It could be that fruit maturation is too late in the season??  Not sure.  But I am sure that a lot of melons and cantaloupes are damaged during harvest,  and if beetles used them a lot it could be a very serious increase in populations.

The one other thing then mention in that report, is delay pupation.  That does "seem" to be what we see here in the my area.  A rain event seems to trigger a mass pupation.  Not sure how to confirm it,  or if it really matters,  but it is an observation.

Charles