Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 08:31:49 +1000
>Apiculture of Australian Native Bees
>Can anyone provide me with any information or contacts regarding the keeping
>of Australian Native Bees (in Australia obviously). I saw a TV show several
>years ago about a man who was doing so successfully. Any info e-mailed to me
>would be appreciated.
>Jan
>
>Jan,I live in Rockhampton Queensland,and in this area I know of several
people who have Australian native bee colonies.As far as Im awarw
there two species in this area.One of the guys is also a commercial
bee keeper andthe other chap has only native bee colonies.I believe
that he does it as a commercial venture.
I work at the Central Queensland University,and have about 100
european bee hives and I work at the Uni computor centre,and about
the campus there are native colonies .
As well when out robbing colonies I have seen another native bee
which is rather different from the two species mentioned above.
I havent got around to becoming more informed about about these
bees but there is not a lot of info that I have been able to
access.
     any how contact has been made,how can I help.
     Vince B Constable